.... the sometimes seemingly senseless ramblings of a committed Christian with too much time on his hands.......


Saturday, January 29, 2011

Looking for a good book


I recently took a trip. As I was packing my suitcase I went over in my head the list of things I needed to pack. After I packed all the essentials, I began to assemble the things I would take in my carry-on bag. I had just finished the novel I had been reading, and I wondered if I had another good one. I quickly scanned my shelf of unread novels, but none of them seemed to appeal to me. I left the search for a book and continued packing.

As I went downstairs to get a pair of shoes, I passed by the coffee table and saw my Bible. I remembered setting it down there the previous week. I chuckled to myself that it would be a good book to take to read. I walked away, and then the impact of what I had just thought struck me. There I was, looking for a good book to take on my trip. There on the coffee table was the ultimate “good book”. I went back, picked it up, dropped it in my carry-on, and I was done packing. So, the next time you are looking for a good book, guess what I would suggest........

2 comments: